A simple one pot meal with lots of veg to nourish your body during the cold winter months.
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 8 cups of your favourite veg peas, carrots, capsicum, mushrooms, sweet potato, potato, parsnips, pumpkin, onion
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup passatta sauce
- 2 - 4 garlic cloves
- smoked paprika
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 TBS olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cut all veggies up into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large, deep frying pan on med/high heat; heat oil. Add onion to the pan once it is hot and stir. After 3 or 4 minutes add in the chopped garlic and brown gently. Do not burn. Add drumsticks and brown on each side.
- Pour in chicken stock, passatta, veggies and rice. Mix thoroughly.
- Turn heat down to low and put the lid on the pan. Simmer gently for 40 - 50 minutes. Stir a few time throughout cooking to ensure the rice is cooking evenly. Add a bit more chicken stock if needed if liquid has been soaked up before the chicken is done.
- Check the chicken after 40 minutes to see if they are cooked through and not pink. Once chicken is cooked, turn off the heat. Serve.