Choc Chip Pizza Cookies
My husband loves these cookies. Mainly because of the size of them. They spread out quite large so he nicknamed them choc chip pizzas. They are crunchy around the edge and chewy in the middle. Just the way we like them. Hope you do too.
- 125 grams butter you can use dairy free for this recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar brown or coconut
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 100 grams dark chocolate either in chips or roughly chop up squares
- Heat oven to 180C. Prepare a large baking tray and line with unbleached baking paper.
- Beat butter and sugar together in a large bowl until well combined and the butter has lightened in colour.
- Beat in one egg at a time until combined. Add the vanilla. Your mix will appear seperated at this stage. This is normal.
- Stir through the almond meal and bicarb soda until fully combined.
- Mix in the chocolate and gently fold through.
- Pace heaped spoonfuls of the cookie dough onto the tray. You can flatten them slightly but they will spread during baking so dont worry too much about this.
- Pop in the oven and bake for about 10 - 15 minutes, depending on your oven. They are done when they are golden brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the tray.
- Enjoy your choc chip pizza cookie.