Choc Turmeric Muesli Bars
Packed full of nourishing goodness these muesli bars will satisfy your tummy rumbles when you need a morning or afternoon pick me up. Total guilt free snacking.
- 2 cups puffed rice
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dried fruit* sultanans, cranberries, apricots etc
- 1/2 cup seeds sunflower, pepita, chia etc
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon 100% turmeric powder
- Prepare a large baking dish with spray oil and baking paper.
- Place coconut oil, peanut butter, rice malt syrup or honey, cacao, cinnamon and turmeric into a small saucepan and melt gently over low heat. Stir until combined.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Stir.
- Add melted ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir thoroughly until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and press down firmly into all corners of the dish and spread out evenly.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours then you can cut it into your muesli bar pieces.