Chocolate Oat Slice
This healthy oat slice is a great snack. Packed full of oats, cacao, cinnamon, almonds and a smidge of honey it is the perfect afternoon snack to keep you energised through the afternoon.
- 1 cup almond meal
- I cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried fruit* I used sultanas and 50% less sugar cranberries
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 4 TBS raw honey
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Prepare a 10x20cm baking dish with spray oil and baking paper.
- Add all dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the coconut oil and honey together.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Add to the prepared baking dish and smooth out to make the mixture even.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes. Check the slice after 15 minutes by touching the middle carefully s as not to burn your finger. If it feels firm then the slice is ready.
- Leave to cool in the baking dish for at least 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack, then cut into slices.
- Enjoy as a morning or afternoon snack with a piece of fruit.