Chocolate Beetroot Cake
This is a delicious and moist cake chocolate cake packed full of goodness.
- 3 cups almond
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 TBS coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 1 teaspoon bakimg soda
- 100 grams dark chocolate at least 75%
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk any kind
- 250 grams beetroot grated or chopped finely
- Preheat oven to 180C. Prepare a 20cm cake tin by greasing the tin and adding a layer of grease proof paper to the bottom of the tin.
- Add all dry ingredients, except for the cacao powder, to a large mixing bowl.
- In a small saucepan add dark chocolate, coconut oil, honey, vanilla and cacao powder over a low heat until melted and no lumps. Stir.
- Add eggs and milk to the dry mix, stir. Now add the chocolate mix and stir thoroughly.
- Gently fold through the beetroot. Pour mixture into your cake tin.
- Pop in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes, depending on your oven. It is cooked through when a skewer or knife comes out clean.
- Let sit in the cake tin for about 5 minutes then turn out onto a cooling rack. Cool completely or serve warm with a little chocolate sauce and fresh berries.