Gluten Free Banana Bread
One of my favourite recipes to make is a delicious banana bread. There are many variations and wonderful ingredients which can be added to change the taste, but only for the better.
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
- 1/2 cup dark choc chips
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 1 cup buttermilk see notes at the end of the recipe on how to make your own buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup raspberries fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Prepare a loaf tin by greasing the sides with spray oil or a little melted butter and lining with baking paper.
- Put all of the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl.,
- Add milk, eggs, vanilla and honey to the dry mixture and stir until combined.
- Mash bananas separately in a bowl and then stir into the mixture.
- Gently fold in the raspberries then pour into your loaf tin.
- Bake the banana bread for 30-35 minutes, checking after about 25 minutes. The cooking time will depend on your oven.
- The bread is done when a knife comes out clean.
- Serve warm with a little home made jam and butter.
Buttermilk: Pour 1 cup of full fat milk into a jug. Take 1 tablespoon of milk out of the jug and add back to the container of milk. Add 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, white vinegar or lemon juice to the 1 cup of milk. Stir and leave to thicken for a couple of minutes. This is buttermilk.