A lovely hearty breakfast dish. Make double the recipe and freeze.
What you need:
2 TBS olive or coconut oil
2 cloves garlic
2 chorizo sausages
1 green capsicum
1 jar passatta
1 tin butter or cannellini beans
1 tsp smoked paprika (or to taste)
1 tsp ground cumin
1/4 cup beef stock
1/4 cup water
What to do:
- Fry chorizo in a hot frying pan. Once browned remove from the pan and keep aside until later. Drain the fat
- Turn the heat down on the stove and add the oil to the same pan. Saute onions, capsicum and garlic until they are soft. Add parpika and cumin and stir until ingredients are covered. Cook 1 minute.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan, including the chorizo and stir well.
- Simmer on low for about 20 minutes
- Serve hot on freshly cooked toast (sourdough goes extremely well with this dish). You could also add a fried egg
You can turn this dish into a vegetarian meal by elminiating the chorizo and using vegetable stock instead of beef.
Eat Colourful. Live Colourful
1 thought on “Homemade Chorizo Baked Beans”
Pingback: Breakfast Fuel – The Rainbow Nutritionist