You doesn’t love a hot chip? When it is crunchy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside. YUM.
Unfortunately, when you buy manufactured chips you also get lots of nasties. So, why not make your own!
What you need:
3 large potatoes
bowl of water
3 TBS salt
2 -3 TBS oil (coconut, melted or olive)
salt and pepper
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 210°C. Prepare a tray and spray with spray oil
- Cut your potatoes into the desired shape
- Place the potatoes into the bowl of water and salt and leave for 15 minutes. This helps to draw out any moisture in the potatoes resulting in a crispier chip
- Pat the potatoes dry when they have come out of the water
- Add to a dry bowl and cover in oil, salt and pepper. Mix to coat all of the potatoes
- Spread evenly on the tray and bake for 35 – 50 minutes depending on the thickness of your chip. Give them a shimmy shake half way through cooking.
You can also you sweet potato, parsnip, carrot or other firm root vegetable. You may need to adjust the length of time spent in the salt bath for each vegetable.
1 thought on “Hot Chippies”
Pingback: Chicken Nuggets & Chips - The Rainbow Nutritionist