We do love a good pizza in our house so when my husband was diagnosed as a coeliac and I became intolerant to wheat I had to experiment with different pizza base recipes to find one we really like.
This one we definitely like. Hope you like it too.
Loaded Vegetable Pizza
- 2 cups tapioca flour
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 TBS oregano fresh or dried
- 1 large onion brown, red or pink
- 1 capsicum any colour
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 chorizo sausages
- 4 TBS passatta sauce
- 2 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 1-2 cups grated cheese Goats cheese for me, cows cheese for the rest of the family.
To make the pizza base:
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Prep your 2 pizza trays by putting a large piece of baking paper down to cover each of the trays.
- In a large bowl add the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl whisk the wet ingredients together. Grate the garlic into the bowl. Using a wooden spoon or whisk, stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Do not over mix. It should be slightly sticky and somewhat runny. It will not be a thick dough like a "normal" pizza dough is.
- Pour half the mixture onto one of the pizza trays and spread around the tray. Repeat for the second tray.
- Cook in the oven for 15 minutes. The base does not need to be cooked all the way through as it will finish cooking once it goes back in the oven with the toppings.
- Slice up the onion, capsicum and mushroom. Cut up the chorizo into slices or pieces. However you prefer.
- Heat a fry pan over medium-high heat. Fry up the chorizo until crispy. Set aside.
- Turn down the heat a little. Add the onion and capsicum to the same pan and gently cook for 5 minutes. Add in the mushrooms and cook until all the veggies are soft.
- Once the pizza bases are done, pull them out of the oven. Turn the oven up to 220 degrees C. Spread the passata over the bases, sprinkle on the mixed herbs then add the chorizo, onions, capsicums and mushrooms. Now add the baby spinach and finish off with grated cheese.
- Cook until the cheese has melted and is golden in colour. Delicious