Slow Cooker Lamb Shanks
How wonderful is it to return home and get a beautiful waft of lamb shanks cooking in the slow cooker? This is a set and forget dish which you can make quickly before you go off to work or out for the day. When you get home the smell will make your mouth water. Happy eating!
- 4 lamb shanks
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1/2 cup red wine optional
- 1/2 cup passatta sauce
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup tamari sauce a type of soy sauce
- 4 TBS tomato paste
- 1 large onion
- 4 large carrots
- 4 cloves garlic minced or grated
- 1 TBS olive oil
- Heat a frying pan to medium heat. Add oil and brown the lamb shanks for about 1 minute each side. Place in the slow cooker.
- Slice onions into thin slices and cut the carrots into chunks however big you like). Cook these gently in the pan until the onions are soft. Add to slow cooker.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the pan. On a gentle heat stir through the sauce until well combined. Once it has come to a gentle boil turn off the heat and add to the slow cooker. Stor through gently until the lamb shanks are coated and submerged in the sauce.
- Turn your slow cooker to low heat and cook for 8 hours. Alternatively, you can out them on high and cook in 4 hours.
- Serve with a yummy veggie mash and peas.